Welcome to Kyoto JaLS!
A warm and family-like school
offering life-changing opportunities.
Kyoto JaLS specializes in short term Japanese language study. We have won numerous awards since our establishment in 2012, combining professional Japanese tuition and our ethos that each student should have the most valuable experience possible whilst studying in Japan. We use intensive and practical language study alongside a variety of activities and cultural experiences to welcome and support all our students in a warm and family-like atmosphere. It is our desire that all students would feel at-home in Japan, able to return to study in the future, and have a wonderful and deep experience of Japanese culture.
Make friends from across the world! Annually, students from over 30 countries join us, and almost every global area is represented. At Kyoto JaLS, students can make lifelong friends and be a part of a strong, vibrant, international community.
Whatever your age, you are welcome at Kyoto JaLS! We accept students aged 14 and above, but we have no upper age limit. Every year we see multiple generations able to study Japanese together and enjoy their life in Japan.
We also see a good balance of male and female students studying with us across a variety of Japanese levels. We welcome those wishing to study with friends or family, alongside students who are traveling to Japan by themselves. JaLS is the place to be part of a great community!
- Facilities and Services
- 12 group lesson classrooms
- 5 one-to-one classrooms
- Lounge space with 94 seats
- Optional coin-locker service
- Optional printing and copying services
- Modern and freshly designed classrooms, ideal for small-group learning.
- Power Access
- Convenient locations to plug in your laptop, phone or other device.
- Good Access
- We are conveniently located near local train and subway stations.
- Small Class Size
- We cap class sizes at 8 people to maximise individual learning and effectiveness.
- Various learning, travel, and language resourses are available for browsing and buying.
- Relax and enjoy our international community space, with regular events to take part in.
- Free Wi-Fi
- Fast and convenient internet access is available throughout the facility.
- Freshly brewed coffee and local snacks available from morning to evening.
- Study Hall
- Focus more intensively using our quiet study area when you need to concentrate.
Choose from our variety of courses to suit your needs.Details
Take part in a variety of activities to get the most out of your Japanese experience.Details
Choose from a variety of accommodations for your comfort and budget.Details
Learn more about our school facilities as well as other spaces available to our students.Details
Check our location and the best way to get here.Details
Find the cost of your learning experience.Details
The First and
Only Language School in Japan
to be Accredited by Eaquals.
Eaquals-accredited language centres have achieved the highest international standards, verified by our demanding inspection scheme
2019/2020: World Language School of the Year Japan
2018/2019: World Language School of the Year Japan
2019 Star Awards: World Language School - ST Magazine
2018 Star Awards: World Language School - ST Magazine
2015: Top Language School in the World - GoAbroad
2016: Top Language School in the World - GoAbroad
2016/17 Top Language School in Japan - iStudy Awards
2017/18 Top Language School in Japan - iStudy Awards
Accredited since 2017
The first and only in Japan
A Member of ALTO
Committed to language education, professional development, and the exchange of ideas and information.